What do I blog about?

Saturday, August 6, 2011

If at first you... sew a hospital gown? Try, yes- do try again...

What I had in mind was a sweet southern dress. I could see myself wearing it along with some brown boots, long blonde braid over my shoulder, as I walked through a field of wild flowers even before I purchased the Vogue pattern and yellow floral material. Several hours later, er- days later if we're being honest, I had created something that resembled a hospital gown... and it fit just about as good as a hospital gown would too. For my first, practically independent, sewing project (thank you grandma for the help in navigating my way through the pattern, and showing me the magical blind hem setting on my machine) it was pretty darn good. But, I would NEVER wear it. So, I declared today a pajama day and set to work transforming ugly dress into cute apron. Not bad, right?

2 comments:

  1. I love your apron adn wish I had seen it as a dress. Super cute blog...Im excited to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete