What do I blog about?

Sunday, October 21, 2012

How to Ruin your Marriage- Don't make these mistakes!

[Joyful Finds Series]
Brought to you every Monday;
Beginning the Week with a Little Happiness
 
I REALLY love being married to my husband, and I am so grateful that we have as easy a time as we do in making our relationship a happy one. We don't yell, we don't fight, we don't name call and we don't take one another for granted. I mean... sometimes, though I always love him- I don't really like my husband... but those instances are rare and short lived. I always feel better after stomping around for a bit and try as I might, I can't go that long without laughing over something he says or does. Sigh. He's just awesome and I'm pretty lucky to have him! Anyway, there are tons of articles and blog posts floating around the internet about how to improve your marriage, how to make your husband your best friend, how to keep love a live... blah, blah, blah... I have no interest in reading those. But, I was intrigued when I came across a blog post entitled: 16 Ways I Blew My Marriage. It's author, Dan Pearce, totally cracked me up. Which is sad; I know. I was just sitting on my couch totally giggling over his failed marriage experiences. Poor guy. But the read is really good and I wanted to share it with you today. So, enough of my rambling, here it is: 16 Ways I Blew My Marriage, by Dan Pearce. 
 

5 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon it on Pinterest this week too! Sad and funny at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy after 33 years of marriage I had to agree with most of them. I do try to always shut the bathroom door! Too funny, but right now I am still working on making Hubby come to me when he needs something. He is not allowed to call my name out for any reason and I have to come running. He has to come find me. This is a big house. Now if he is in trouble or hurt or needs my help that is different. But to just call me over and over again and then I answer back but as he is deaf he cannot hear that I have answered him so he calls again, I answer again, then I finally go find him and he says I just wanted to know where you were. Well I was in the tub, or out in the garden, or reading a book. So now when he calls I do not answer, he may call 10 times but he has to come find me. I think if I can break this very bad habit I may keep him around for another few years:) How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't call to my husband, but I am guilty of calling or texting him from the next room. Drives him crazy! I better work on breaking that habit! I'm feeling alright, thanks for asking. Will be feeling much better when I can be holding new baby in my arms! So tired of being pregnant. :)

      Delete
    2. I wish I was close enough to bring you a nummy treat, but hang in there remember they are easier to take care of in than out.

      Delete