What do I blog about?

Friday, February 15, 2013

DIY baby gifts and birthday bags

It's a rare occasion when I sew for someone other than myself and here I am posting my third and fourth not - made - for - me project in less than two months! Truth be told, I'm dying to sew more for myself again, but this pregnancy weight is just not falling off fast enough. Anyway, I had fun making this baby blanket with matching burp cloths for a friend who is expecting a sweet, little girl. I paired a rose printed flannel fabric to a hot pink fleece for the blanket and just love how it looks together! Oh, little girls are such a treat; I'm so excited for my friend to become a mommy!
When I was done with that, I made a bag for Auntie's birthday. I'm getting braver about adding detail and I hope she likes the lace applique hearts and the knotted front.


1 comment:

  1. Very cute! You are so talented. And I just love your kiddos. I know our girls would have a blast together. And be into all kinds of trouble. Why do we live so far away when our children are almost the exact same age and sex? Boo.

    ReplyDelete