What do I blog about?

Saturday, March 16, 2013

DIY tutus!

 Every girl needs to feel like a princess!

We've all seen 'em. The easy, no sew tutus that little girls just love to wear and moms love to make.
Recently, I made a few for my little girls dress up bin. Elastic for a waistband and strips of tulle tied slip knot style around the elastic. I learned that optimum fullness was achieved when the slip knots were tied in alternating directions, as pictured below: 
I get the feeling she'd wear these more often if I'd stop pulling the camera out. 
What can I say? I just want to capture all the poofy cuteness! 






6 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous! i wish i could run around wearing them too!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and I've always wondered how to make these! Thanks for linking up to Showy Sunday, over at www.leroylime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable!!! Dress up boxes provide SO much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so pretty! I need to make some for my little girl! Thanks so much for linking it up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! In fact, I made one for my teen daughter for Halloween this year...sure wished I'd known when she was little about these cute and simple tutus! Nice job and darling little girl you have there :)

    Craft On & dance like no one else is watching :)

    Visiting from Your Whims Wednesday @My Girlish Whims' linky party
    Smiles,
    Suz @MaytagNMom
    NW Illinois
    My Party Project This Week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making tutus for my little girl! So cute!

    ReplyDelete