What do I blog about?

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bringing our children unto Christ, week 4.


30 Weeks to bringing our children unto Christ using the nursery manual found on lds.org.
Each morning, we begin our day with breakfast at the dining room table. 
Before we start our hectic day, we take some time to be still...
We pray together and we learn of Him.
In just a few moments a day, we plan to complete one lesson each week. 

Lesson four is:

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Love Me

How we learned this lesson:
1. Sing about it: I Feel my Saviors Love; music [here].


              "I feel my Savior’s love 
           In all the world around me. 
              I feel my Savior’s love,
           The love he freely gives me"

And, bonus!, lds.org even provides video of this song in sign language! You'll see it there on the right when you open up the music via the link given above. 

2. Read about it: John 15:10-12, Matthew 18: 5, 10Mark 10:13–163 Nephi 17:11–24.  Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love all of us, and maybe especially the children! The bible testifies of this, as does the Book of Mormon. Reading the scriptures with our kiddos is a great way to show them, and not only tell them, how important we believe the books to be.
3. Talk about it: Share a story about Jesus's love! The nursery manual offers this summary of the story found in the 3rd Nephi scripture listed above:

 "Jesus was teaching the people. He asked them to bring their little children to Him. They sat on the ground around Him, and Jesus knelt and prayed. Then He blessed each child, one by one. Jesus did this because He loves little children (lds.org)." 

4. Personalize it: When we brushed our teeth, I'd point out my kids reflections in the mirror: "Look at you! Is that you?" And, to my toddler, "Repeat after me. Heavenly... Father... and Jesus... love me!"  

This lesson can be viewed in its entirety here, at: lds.org

It is hard to imagine someone, anyone, even deity, loving these kids more than I do! 

3 comments:

  1. What a cute lesson! A perfect idea for FHE, especially with younger kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lena! Always nice to see you here and receive your lovely comments.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessica. Thanks for stopping by and following me. I'm now following your blog too.

    ReplyDelete